In a significant move to uphold the sanctity of the democratic process, the federal cabinet, led by caretaker Prime Minister Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar, has given unanimous approval for the deployment of Pakistan Army and civil armed forces personnel. The primary aim is to ensure free, fair, and peaceful general elections scheduled for February 8.
Recommended Reading: Hasan Askari senior Film Director Passed Away, Family Sources
Army Troops To Ensure Peaceful Atmosphere In Upcoming General Elections On Feb 8
Table of Contents
- Army Troops To Ensure Peaceful Atmosphere In Upcoming General Elections On Feb 8
- Strategic Deployment for Election Security
- Caretaker Premier Acknowledges Financial Reforms
- Formation of Search Committee for Educational Leadership
- Endorsement of Economic Coordination Committee’s Decisions
- Addressing Security Concerns Amidst Election Campaigning
- Rising Security Concerns
- Army’s Pledge for Assistance
Strategic Deployment for Election Security
- The federal cabinet’s decision involves deploying troops at sensitive polling stations and constituencies across the nation.
- Troops will serve not only as a deterrent but also as a rapid response force to address any potential disruptions during the elections.
Caretaker Premier Acknowledges Financial Reforms
- Caretaker Prime Minister Kakar commended the efforts of Caretaker Finance Minister Dr Shamshad Akhtar for boosting tax revenue, improving the tax-GDP ratio, and proposing administrative reforms for the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- An inter-ministerial committee, supervised by the finance minister, will be established to implement the recommended FBR reforms.
Recommended Reading: Molana Tariq Jamil Son Asim Jamil Death Confirmed | Killed By Bullet
Formation of Search Committee for Educational Leadership
- The cabinet approved the formation of a search committee for the appointment of the vice-chancellor at Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Islamabad, as proposed by the Ministry of National Health.
Endorsement of Economic Coordination Committee’s Decisions
- The cabinet endorsed the decisions made during the recent Economic Coordination Committee meeting, emphasizing the government’s commitment to economic stability.
Addressing Security Concerns Amidst Election Campaigning
- The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had sought 277,000 army personnel to ensure security and maintain law and order during the elections.
- Despite security concerns and recent violent incidents, political parties are actively engaged in electioneering efforts.
Rising Security Concerns
- The year 2023 witnessed a surge in terror-related incidents, raising doubts about the safety of candidates and voters during the upcoming polls.
- Despite challenges, political parties persevere in their campaigns, while concerns over the law and order situation prompt some politicians to seek a poll delay.
Army’s Pledge for Assistance
- The Pakistan Army, along with Rangers and Frontier Constabulary (FC) personnel, has pledged to provide necessary military assistance for the elections.
- This collaborative effort is in line with the Interior Ministry’s summary, approved by the caretaker federal cabinet.
Conclusion: As Pakistan prepares for the crucial general elections on February 8, the deployment of army troops underscores the government’s commitment to ensuring a secure and peaceful electoral process. The collaborative efforts between the military and civilian authorities aim to safeguard the democratic rights of the nation’s 126 million voters.
Recommended Reading: Influenza Virus Cases Increase In Karachi Day By Day
Recommended Reading: Atif Aslam Donates PKR 15 Million To Alkhidmat For Palestinian Brothers